The Sifton-Cook Heritage Centre will open to the public May 21, 2022.
The main Exhibit Hall will feature the same exhibits as 2021, that is: "The Heinous, the Heroic & the High Flyers". Here, in story panels, artifacts and a video, visitors will meet a selection of nine fascinating historic figures with close associations to Cobourg and Northumberland County. Among others they will find a murderer and the "funniest women in the world". Curators of the exhibit have dubbed it "Northumberland's Mad Hatter's Tea Party"!
In the East end of the Exhibit Hall's there is a new installation showing the Cobourg & Peterborough Railway in miniature. George Parker, who had already created the outdoor operating railway, has expanded his indoor display. It's a recreation of the Cobourg and Peterborough Railway, showing fine details of its Rice Lake Bridge and the attempts made to turn the bridge into a causeway. This exhibit is a work of art in itself.
All are invited but masks are recommended to enter the Heritage Centre property and social distancing is required inside the building. 2022 open hours are Friday & Saturday 10-5; Sunday 1-5. Admission is free with donations appreciated.
- Sunday June 26 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Music - Dave Seale
- Saturday July 9 9:00 am - 11:00 am Bacon on a Bun Brunch Pea meal bacon on a bun and a drink for only $6!
- Sunday July 10 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Music - A & M Crossong Mike Cole and Anne Delong
- Saturday July 16 Mad Hatter's Tea Party - $20.00 Seatings at 2:00 pm (adults only) and 4:30 pm (children welcome).
- Saturday July 23 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Speaker - Jessica Outram
- Sunday July 24 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Music - The Cobourg Trio - Linda Hudson, Joanne Hearst and Rob Hearst
- Monday Aug. 1 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Cockburn Society - Rob Washburn & Rob Franklin “Speaker” about James Cockburn
- Thursday Aug. 11 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm Speaker - George Parker Cobourg’s historic railways
- Sunday Aug. 14 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Music - Busker Bros. Steve Shortt and Jamie Hunt
- Saturday Aug. 20 10:00 am - 5:00 pm Circus Day Featuring Circus Dancers from Premier Dance, Young Magicians, Games of Skill & Strength. Free admission.
- Sunday Aug. 28 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Speaker - Dan Buchanan on researching his book, Murder In The Family (Dr. King)
- Sunday Sept. 25 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Speaker - Brian Beaver about his book Alderville First Nation – A History
- Sept 29, 30, Oct 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm Dinner Theatre Ticket and other details not yet available. Bringing back to life characters from Cobourg’s past, this original play is being combined with a delicious dinner served in the brand new Legion Hall dining room next door.
- For speakers and music, free admission but bring a folding chair
- Click links for more details - mostly from the Cobourg Museum web site.