Check updated date at top of each page to know when info was last updated.
A guide to What’s On in Cobourg – where to find places, shows, events. Information and links are provided to find Movies, Live Shows, Outdoor events, Art Galleries, Speakers, Sports clubs plus a listing of Annual events.
Not included are club meetings - see the list of clubs here.
The Calendar page lists all of Cobourg's available Entertainment Calendars.
The town has also issued a Leisure Guide. Download the 2021 edition here.
See also Featured events page - more detail on events worthy of more attention.
- Rainbow Cinemas at Northumberland Mall - Go to their web site for showtimes .
- Movies in the Park in 2022: August 20 (Playing with Fire) and September 3 (Addams Family 2) - aimed at families, in Victoria Park. Start at 8:30 pm. Note that waterfront parking is free after 8 p.m., and downtown parking is free after 6 p.m. Washrooms will be open for the duration of the films and catering trucks are nearby.
- The Loft at 201 Division St,: Better quality films; documentaries. Go here for more detail and the Current Program. Will close down 22 August 2022.
- Vintage Film Festival - Oct 21, 22, 23 2022
Music & Plays
Northumberland Players & Firehall Theatre
Live Theatre - For information about subscriptions, tickets, auditions, and volunteer opportunities, check online at www.northumberlandplayers.ca
For events/programs of events at Victoria Hall, see the Concert Hall events page - including ticket information. Also online booking for other events.
The Cobourg Loft
This venue is known for quality movies (including Opera and Ballet) and Live shows. Their current program is here. They are located at 201 Division Street - second floor - over the Craft Food House. Will close down 22 August 2022.
Les Amis Concerts
Chamber Music at the Loft, at Victoria Hall and United Church. Concerts are managed by Michael Pepa. Go to their comprehensive web site here. Now a full program of live concerts.
Musicals. Originally called Victoria Opera Society but VOS now mostly stages more widely popular productions. At Victoria Hall - Web site - Expected to re-open November 2022
Northumberland Orchestra & Choir
Concerts at Trinity United Church, Cobourg or in Port Hope; Currently no scheduled performances. Tickets at Victoria Hall Box Office. Web site
They had a concert on 28 May, 2022. Nothing else scheduled.
Web site: Oriana Singers.
La Jeunesse Choir
Youth Choir Performs at Trinity United Church Cobourg. Web site.
December 17th at 7:00 pm - Christmas Concert at Trinity United Church
May 19th and 20th, 2023 - Disney's Descendants at Victoria Hall.
Tickets will be available Victoria Hall box office for both events
(Note - a separate organization called La Jeunesse Orchestra performs in Port Hope.)
New Ventures Band
Actually consists of three bands at various stages of learning from beginners to accomplished. No concerts currently scheduled for 2022 Web site
For 2022, there is a full program of 9 outdoor concerts. Details here. Tickets $25 - $15 more for a Pizza. Address is 3517 Rowe Rd., Cobourg - although it's in Hamilton Township about 15 minutes north of Cobourg.
Capitol Theatre Port Hope
I know, it's not Cobourg but a lot of people travel the short distance to Port Hope to see their live shows. Their web site is here. They have announced a 2022 season.
Music in Victoria Park
Concert Band of Cobourg
- Throughout the Summer the Concert Band of Cobourg presents concerts in the Bandshell in Victoria Park - every Tuesday at 7:30 pm. Happening in 2022. July 5 to August 30 2022.
- The Band also usually performs at the January 1st Mayor's Levee, the July 1st ceremonies at the Bandshell and other Civic events.
Speakers and Seminars
- Northumberland Learning Connection
This group has talks on topical subjects Full details at web site.
- Art Gallery of Northumberland - Web site - for more info call: 905-372-0333
Mailing Lists for Entertainment
Some organizations have free mailing lists to let you know what they have on. Here are their links:
- Cobourg Loft - quite active - will close August 22, 2022 but mailing list will continue with info on some shows at Victoria Hall.
- Northumberland Film Sundays (TIFF films at Rainbow) - currently on hold - possible resumption Sept 2023.
- Vintage Film Festival (an annual Vintage Film Festival in Port Hope) - usually one email per month
- Northumberland Learning Connection - bottom of page - quite active
- Port Hope's Capitol Theatre - bottom of page - quite active
Check with the web sites
Only teams on the web are listed below.
Returned for 2022 on 3 weekends in June and July. On Victoria Park Beach. No further events scheduled Web page.
- The Cobourg Cougars play Mondays in season at the Community Centre. They are an OJHL Jr A Hockey Club. Sometimes other days as well. See their web site.
- Northumberland Minor Hockey
- West Northumberland Girls Hockey
- Cobourg Badminton Club
- Cobourg Junior Angels Softball - web site not active
- Lawn Bowling
- Northumberland Soccer
- Pine Ridge Hiking Club
- West Northumberland Curling Club - At Jack Heenan Arena, 206 Furnace Street Cobourg
- Warriors Axe Throwing - commercial business
- Pro Wrestling - on hold
- Cobourg Yacht Club
Staged by DBIA, Town of Cobourg, Lions, Rotary and others. DBIA events are Downtown.
- Mayor's Levee - Victoria Hall - January 1st, 2022 - 1:30 pm. - 2022 event did not happen. Instead a lacklustre video was produced - go here.
- Robbie Burns Dinner and Ceilidh January each year - Virtual event in 2022
- Ice & Snow Festival: Saturday, March 5th, 2022 - Victoria Park and Rotary Harbourfront Park
- Sportsman's Night- Fundraiser for Rotary - First Saturday in February - Perhaps will be held 2023
- Float your Fanny Down the Ganny - Port Hope - April 9, 2022
- Cobourg Highland Games – Saturday - Usually 2 weeks before July 1st weekend.
- Beach Volleyball - Several weekends in May through July - See dates on this page under "Sports" above.
- Cobourg Waterfront Festival - The major event of the year – July 1st weekend.
- Canada Day Parade - July 1 - most years at 12:00 noon
- Antique Car show - In 2022, will be Saturday July 9 in Victoria Park - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Movies in Victoria Park - three Saturdays in summer at around 8:30 pm - planned for July 9, Aug 20 and Sept 3 2022
- Annual performance by Rob Franklin of a play about James Cockburn. In front of Victoria Hall, Saturday of August long weekend at 11:00 am. This year at Sifton-Cook Centre on Aug 1.
- Sand Castle Competition – Victoria Park Beach – Saturday of August long weekend. -Not in 2022
- Northumberland Rib Festival – mid-August each year in Victoria Park - August 12 to 14 in 2022 Organized by Rotary
- Northumberland Festival of the Arts - First year: Sept 16 - Oct 2, 2022
- Dragon Boat Festival - Cancelled in 2020 and 2021 - likely in 2022
- NHH Gala- First Monday in November. Virtual event in 2021. Likely in 2022.
- Cobourg Santa Parade - It had been third Sunday in November at 2:00 pm - goes along King St. from D'Arcy St. to William St (details of route here). For 2021 it was on Dec 5 at 6:00 pm. Likely in 2022
- DBIA Christmas Market - cancelled in 2021 - planned for 2022
- Annual Christmas concert by Concert Band of Cobourg;
- First Night - New Year's Eve 6:00 to 10:00 pm - Rotary Park: skating, wagon rides, outdoor entertainment and live music entertainment in the Market Bulding; fireworks along the waterfront at 9:00 pm.
Every Saturday morning from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm - from May to late December. Behind Victoria Hall on Albert Street in Rotary Park (except on July 1st weekend when it moves to the Market square). Facebook page.
- Arthurs (Best Western) - Live Entertainment - Fridays and Saturdays - see Facebook page.
- Kelly's Homelike Inn - Saturdays - check Facebook for details.
Annual Fundraising Galas
Occasional events – check each web site
- Lions Hall New Year’s Eve, Valentines, Oktoberfest dances and more. - check Facebook for details.
- Legion Hall – regular Darts, Euchre and occasional Roast beef dinners and Dances.
Looking for social activity?
Join a club or volunteer in an organization.
Click here for list of clubs and organizations to join. Check their web sites for their status
If you would like to be listed on this page, please contact me at