Check updated date at top of each page to know when info was last updated.
A guide to What’s On in Cobourg – where to find places, shows, events. Information and links are provided to find Movies, Live Shows, Outdoor events, Art Galleries, Speakers, Sports clubs plus a listing of Annual events.
Not included are club meetings - see the list of clubs here.
The Calendar page lists all of Cobourg's available Entertainment Calendars.
The town has also issued a Leisure Guide. Download the 2021 edition here.
See also Featured events page - more detail on events worthy of more attention.
- Rainbow Cinemas at Northumberland Mall - showtimes for this week & next here. (Updated weekly - usually Mondays)
- Movies in the Park in 2022: July 9, August 20 and September 3 - aimed at families, in Victoria Park
- The Loft at 201 Division St,: Better quality films; documentaries. Go here for more detail and the Current Program. Will close down 30 October 2022.
- Vintage Film Festival - Oct 21, 22, 23 2022
Music & Plays
Northumberland Players & Firehall Theatre
Live Theatre - For information about subscriptions, tickets, auditions, and volunteer opportunities, check online at www.northumberlandplayers.ca
For events/programs of events at Victoria Hall, see the Concert Hall events page - including ticket information. Also online booking for other events.
The Cobourg Loft
This venue is known for quality movies (including Opera and Ballet) and Live shows. Their current program is here. They are located at 201 Division Street - second floor - over the Craft Food House. Will close down 30 October 2022.
Les Amis Concerts
Chamber Music at the Loft and at Victoria Hall. Concerts are managed by Michael Pepa. Go to their comprehensive web site here. Now a full program of live concerts.
Musicals. Originally called Victoria Opera Society but VOS now mostly stages more widely popular productions. At Victoria Hall - Web site - Expected to re-open November 2022
Northumberland Orchestra & Choir
Concerts at Trinity United Church, Cobourg or in Port Hope; Currently one performance announced. Tickets at Victoria Hall Box Office. Web site
They have a concert on 28 May, 2022.
Web site: Oriana Singers.
La Jeunesse Choir
Youth Choir Performs at Trinity United Church Cobourg. Web site. No plans for 2022 announced. (Note - a separate organization called La Jeunesse Orchestra performs in Port Hope.)
New Ventures Band
Actually consists of three bands at various stages of learning from beginners to accomplished. Hoping to re-start in June 2022. Web site
For 2022, there is a full program of 9 outdoor concerts. Details here. Tickets $25 - $15 more for a Pizza. Address is 3517 Rowe Rd., Cobourg - although it's in Hamilton Township about 15 minutes north of Cobourg.
Capitol Theatre Port Hope
I know, it's not Cobourg but a lot of people travel the short distance to Port Hope to see their live shows. Their web site is here. They have announced a 2022 season.
Music in Victoria Park
Concert Band of Cobourg
- Throughout the Summer the Concert Band of Cobourg presents concerts in the Bandshell in Victoria Park - every Tuesday at 7:00 pm. Happening in 2022. July 5 to August 30 2022.
- The Band also usually performs at the January 1st Mayor's Levee, the July 1st ceremonies at the Bandshell and other Civic events.
Speakers and Seminars
- Northumberland Learning Connection
This group has talks on topical subjects Full details at web site.
- Art Gallery of Northumberland - Web site - for more info call: 905-372-0333
Mailing Lists for Entertainment
Some organizations have free mailing lists to let you know what they have on. Here are their links:
- Cobourg Loft - quite active - will close October 30, 2022
- Northumberland Film Sundays (TIFF films at Rainbow) - currently on hold
- Vintage Film Festival (an annual Vintage Film Festival in Port Hope) - usually one email per month
- Northumberland Learning Connection - bottom of page - quite active
- Port Hope's Capitol Theatre - bottom of page - quite active
Check with the web sites
Only teams on the web are listed below.
Returning for 2022 on 3 weekends in June and July. On Victoria Park Beach. Web page.
- June 11 and 12
- June 25 and 26
- July 9 and 10
- The Cobourg Cougars play Mondays in season at the Community Centre. They are an OJHL Jr A Hockey Club. Sometimes other days as well. See their web site.
- Minor Hockey
- West Northumberland Girls Hockey
- Cobourg Badminton Club
- Cobourg Junior Angels Softball
- Lawn Bowling
- Northumberland Soccer
- Pine Ridge Hiking Club
- West Northumberland Curling Club - At Jack Heenan Arena, 206 Furnace Street Cobourg
- Warriors Axe Throwing - commercial business
- Pro Wrestling
Staged by DBIA, Town of Cobourg, Lions, Rotary and others. DBIA events are Downtown.
- Mayor's Levee - Victoria Hall - January 1st, 2022 - 1:30 pm. - 2022 event did not happen. Instead a lacklustre video was produced - go here.
- Robbie Burns Dinner and Ceilidh January each year - Virtual event in 2022
- Ice & Snow Festival | Saturday, March 5th, 2022 - Victoria Park and Rotary Harbourfront Park
- Sportsman's Night- Fundraiser for Rotary - First Saturday in February - Did not happen in 2022
- Float your Fanny Down the Ganny - Port Hope - April 9, 2022
- Cobourg Highland Games – Saturday - Usually 2 weeks before July 1st weekend. Scheduled for June 18 2022
- Beach Volleyball - Several weekends in May through July - See dates on this page under "Sports" above.
- Cobourg Waterfront Festival - The major event of the year – July 1st weekend. Will happen in 2022.
- Canada Day Parade - July 1 - most years at 12:00 noon - planned for 2022
- Antique Car show - In 2022, will be Saturday July 9 in Victoria Park - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Movies on the Beach (Moved to Victoria Park) - three Saturdays in summer at around 8:30 pm - planned for 2022
- Annual performamce by Rob Franklin of a play about James Cockburn. In front of Victoria Hall, Saturday of August long weekend at 11:00 am. Cancelled in 2020 and 2021 - not yet scheduled in 2022
- Sand Castle Competition – Victoria Park Beach – Saturday of August long weekend. - Word is that it's Not happening in 2022
- Northumberland Rib Festival – mid-August each year in Victoria Park - August 12 to 14 in 2022 Organized by Rotary
- Northumberland Festival of the Arts - First year: Sept 16 - Oct 2, 2022
- Dragon Boat Festival - Cancelled in 2020 and 2021 - likely in 2022
- NHH Gala - First Monday in November. Virtual event in 2021. Likely in 2022.
- Cobourg Santa Parade - It had been third Sunday in November at 2:00 pm - goes along King St. from D'Arcy St. to William St (details of route here). For 2021 it was on Dec 5 at 6:00 pm. Likely in 2022
- DBIA Christmas Market - 2020 - cancelled in 2021 - planned for 2022
- Annual Christmas concert by Concert Band of Cobourg; For 2021, moved to CCC and happened 19 Dec. Likely in 2022
- First Night - New Year's Eve 6:00 to 10:00 pm - Rotary Park: skating, wagon rides, outdoor entertainment and live music entertainment in the Market Bulding; fireworks along the waterfront at 9:00 pm. - Cancelled in 2021
Every Saturday morning from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm - from May to late December. Behind Victoria Hall on Albert Street in Rotary Park (except on July 1st weekend when it moves to the Market square). Facebook page. This happened in 2021 and in 2022.
In normal times!
- Arthurs (Best Western) - Live Entertainment - Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays - see Facebook page.
- Kelly's Homelike Inn - Saturdays - check Facebook for details.
Annual Fundraising Galas
- Cobourg Rotary Sportsman's Night - not 2022
- NHH (Hospital) Gala - First or second Saturday in November
Occasional events – check each web site
- Lions Hall New Year’s Eve, Valentines, Oktoberfest dances and more. - check Facebook for details.
- Legion Hall – regular Darts, Euchre and occasional Roast beef dinners and Dances. - No Public events yet
Looking for social activity?
Join a club or volunteer in an organization.
Click here for list of clubs and organizations to join. Check their web sites for their status
If you would like to be listed on this page, please contact me at