NEW: Next event for each organization (Music & Plays) now included.
Check updated date at top of each page to know when info was last updated.
A guide to What’s On in Cobourg – where to find places, shows, events. Information and links are provided to find Movies, Live Shows, Outdoor events, Art Galleries, Speakers, Sports clubs plus a listing of Annual events.
Not included are club meetings - see the list of clubs here.
The Calendar page lists all of Cobourg's available Entertainment Calendars.
The town has also issued a Leisure Guide. Download the 2022 edition here. NEW - download large 48 MB file from Town web site.
See also Featured events page - more detail on events worthy of more attention.
- Rainbow Cinemas at Northumberland Mall - Go to their web site for showtimes.
- Vintage Film Festival - Oct 20, 21, 22 2023
Music & Plays
Northumberland Players & Firehall Theatre
Live Theatre - For information about subscriptions, tickets, auditions, and volunteer opportunities, check online at www.northumberlandplayers.ca
Their next event: Into the Woods - Musical at the Capitol in Port Hope - from Feb 24 to March 5 2023 - Details here.
By Ken Prue
Live jazz, folk and other performers - usually at Victoria Hall. Web site here
Next event: Canadian Jazz Collective - 30 March at Victoria Hall - details here.
Les Amis Concerts
Chamber Music at Victoria Hall and the United Church. Concerts are managed by Michael Pepa and promoted by Ken Prue. Go to their comprehensive web site here. Now a full program of live concerts.
Next Event: Live performance by: Erika Crinó, Piano, Beverley Johnston, Percussion, Susan Hoeppner, Flute - April 16, 2023 - details here.
Musicals. Originally called Victoria Opera Society but VOS now mostly stages more widely popular productions. At Victoria Hall - Web site
Next Event: Sound of Music - multiple performances in Victoria Hall - Starts 13 April 2023 - Details here.
Northumberland Orchestra & Choir
Concerts at Trinity United Church, Cobourg or in Port Hope; Tickets at Victoria Hall Box Office. Web site
Next Event: Joint performamce with Oriana Singers "In the Moment" - works by Faure and Vaughan Williams. April 1 and April 2.
A choir that sings a variety of Genres. Web site: Oriana Singers.
Next Event: Joint performance with NOC. Faure Requiem April 1 & 2 at Cobourg Trinity United Church
La Jeunesse Choir
Youth Choir Performs at Trinity United Church Cobourg. Web site.
Next Event: May 19th and 20th, 2023 - Disney's Descendants at Victoria Hall. Details here.
Tickets are available Victoria Hall box office for both events
(Note - a separate organization called La Jeunesse Orchestra performs in Port Hope.)
Northumberland New Ventures Band (NNVB)
Consists of four core bands at various stages of learning, from beginners to more experienced. Different from other bands in that NNVB accepts as members adults who have had no music experience at all.
For events/programs of events at Victoria Hall, see the Concert Hall events page - including ticket information. Also online booking for other events.
For 2022, there was a full program of 9 outdoor concerts. Details here. Tickets $25 - $15 more for a Pizza. Address is 3517 Rowe Rd., Cobourg - although it's in Hamilton Township about 15 minutes north of Cobourg.
Capitol Theatre Port Hope
I know, it's not Cobourg but a lot of people travel the short distance to Port Hope to see their live shows. Their web site is here.
Music in Victoria Park
Concert Band of Cobourg
- Throughout the Summer the Concert Band of Cobourg presents concerts in the Bandshell in Victoria Park - every Tuesday at 7:30 pm. .
- The Band also usually performs at the January 1st Mayor's Levee, the July 1st ceremonies at the Bandshell and other Civic events.
Speakers and Seminars
- Northumberland Learning Connection
This group has talks on topical subjects Full details at web site.
- Art Gallery of Northumberland - Web site - for more info call: 905-372-0333
Mailing Lists for Entertainment
Some organizations have free mailing lists to let you know what they have on. Here are their links:
- Town of Cobourg - Experience Cobourg newsletter
- Cobourg Loft - venue now closed but mailing list will continue for Cobourg Loft Productions -
- Northumberland Film Sundays (TIFF films at Rainbow) - resuming April 30, 2023.
- Vintage Film Festival (an annual Vintage Film Festival in Port Hope) - usually one email per month
- Northumberland Learning Connection - bottom of page - quite active
Check with the web sites
Only teams on the web are listed below.
Northshore Lanes has now re-opened at Northumberland Mall. Regular hours of operation are 12 to 9 pm Monday to Sunday,
Returned for 2022 on 3 weekends in June and July. On Victoria Park Beach. Web page. Tentative dates for 2023 are: June 17 -18 and July 8 - 9.
- The Cobourg Cougars play Mondays in season at the Community Centre. They are an OJHL Jr A Hockey Club. Sometimes other days as well. See their web site.
- Northumberland Minor Hockey
- West Northumberland Girls Hockey
- Cobourg Badminton Club
- Cobourg Junior Angels Softball
- Lawn Bowling
- Northumberland Soccer
- Pine Ridge Hiking Club
- West Northumberland Curling Club - At Jack Heenan Arena, 206 Furnace Street Cobourg
- Warriors Axe Throwing - commercial business
- Cobourg Yacht Club
Staged by DBIA, Town of Cobourg, Lions, Rotary and others. DBIA events are Downtown.
- Mayor's Levee - Victoria Hall - Revised date and time for 2023 - 3 January at 5:00 pm
- Robbie Burns Dinner and Ceilidh January each year - Jan 25, 2023
- Ice & Snow Festival: Saturday, January 28, 2023 - Victoria Park and Rotary Harbourfront Park
- Float your Fanny Down the Ganny - Port Hope - April 8, 2023
- Cobourg Highland Games – Saturday - Usually 2 weeks before July 1st weekend. June 17 2023.
- Beach Volleyball - Several weekends in May through July - See dates on this page under "Sports" above.
- Cobourg Waterfront Festival - The major event of the year – July 1st weekend. July 1 through July 3, 2023
- Canada Day Parade - July 1 - most years at 12:00 noon
- Antique Car show - In 2022, was Saturday July 9 in Victoria Park - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Movies in Victoria Park - three Fridays in summer at around 8:30 pm - July 7, July 28 and Sept 1 2023
- Sand Castle Competition – Victoria Park Beach – Saturday of August long weekend. -Not in 2022 - will return in 2023
- Northumberland Rib Festival – mid-August each year in Victoria Park - If it happens, will be weekend of 19, 20 August, 2023.
- Northumberland Festival of the Arts - First year: Sept 16 - Oct 2, 2022 - no dates yet for 2023
- Dragon Boat Festival - Cancelled in 2020, 2021 and 2022 - usually mid September
- NHH Gala - First Monday in November.
- Cobourg Santa Parade - For 2022 was Dec 3 at 6:00 pm - goes along King St. from D'Arcy St. to William St (details of route here). 2023 event expected on 2 December 2023
- DBIA Christmas Market - for 2022 was Dec 3. Likely on 2 December 2023
- Annual Christmas concert by Concert Band of Cobourg;
- First Night - New Year's Eve 6:00 to 10:00 pm - Rotary Park: skating, wagon rides, outdoor entertainment and live music entertainment in the Market Bulding; fireworks along the waterfront at 9:00 pm. Rescheduled to 28 January 2023 due to a weather problem.
Every Saturday morning from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm - from May to late December. Behind Victoria Hall on Albert Street in Rotary Park (except on July 1st weekend when it moves to the Market square). Facebook page.
Live Bands at Restaurants
- Arthurs (Best Western) - Live Entertainment - Fridays and Saturdays - see Facebook page.
- Kelly's Homelike Inn - Saturdays - check Facebook for details.
Looking for social activity?
Join a club or volunteer in an organization.
Click here for list of clubs and organizations to join. Check their web sites for their status
If you would like to be listed on this page, please contact me at